HighSchool Coach Training

Moderators: 3KsURout, Border Patrol

123fastpitch
43FT Rookie

HighSchool Coach Training

Post by 123fastpitch » July 7th, 2018, 8:44 pm

This is to all high school coaches.... why is it that coaches work in the school system, but aren't required to taking professional development classes or expected to be held to the same standards as educators in education? I am sure I speak on behalf of many, many parents out there that have sat on the sidelines year after year. With all the media facing our schools in the past and most recently it is time that ALL coaches start to be TRUE role models for all kids in ALL sports. It is time that these coaches and All coaches go through training on how to work with our youth, the parent's and learn customer service. It is time that they are required to take annual year courses to keep their certification, if they don't meet those requirements that they lose their job. Coaches should be held accountable at the same level that they would be held at as if it were a job that paid their mortgage. Respect goes two ways. Don't expect, if you don't respect and last, YOUR actions are way louder than your words. Parents- your kids do not need to play in high school. Their education far outweighs high school sports.

martins330
43FT Rookie

Re: HighSchool Coach Training

Post by martins330 » July 9th, 2018, 7:51 am

I believe Varsity coaches do have to go to some sort of training. What reflects on the field may not be what they are taught in those classes. I agree with what you are saying but I have also seen the other side of it. Overbearing parents (bully’s) that love to come out and heckle at every game just because their kid is a decent athlete. God forbid their kid sit a game! High school ball is an experience for the girls to bond with friends and enjoy themselves. There are some that take it way too serious and that is why the memories get tarnished 🤷🏻‍♀️

Return to “ARIZONA - HS News”