9Stars Sports?

Got Questions or Answers? What's on your Mind? Fastpitch News & Discussion from across the USA!
Forum rules
What's on your mind? What's Happening in the Fastpitch Softball World?
SoftballLife03
43FT Player

9Stars Sports?

Post by SoftballLife03 » February 5th, 2018, 6:44 am

I know they put on 2 (whole enchilada/dream ball) decent tournaments in the fall, but does anybody else feel like 9star is a waste of money? They rarely get over 4-10 teams in each division, they jacked up their prices, and I'm still wondering what the heck you qualify for?

Does anyone else feel like these are overpriced friendlies, that most of the talent in AZ avoids?...why play 9star and pay more and play less teams when you can play USSSA who any weekend has 15-20 teams and some of the best in the state?

What are your comments?

9starssports
43FT Seasoned Veteran

Re: 9Stars Sports?

Post by 9starssports » February 5th, 2018, 8:13 pm

Hello SoftballLife03,

Thank you for the feedback, we take all opinions into consideration. Just to address a few of your questions.

We are actually 9 Stars Sports USA Softball of Arizona. We run tournaments under ASA. We first started running tournaments under Triple Crown Sports 12 years ago. There have been a few changes to the name but how we run tournaments has never changed.

We actually put on more popular tournaments than two per year. You can check out our past year stats on our website.

Did we "jack up" our prices? No we did not. We are actually $5 below the industry standard with 5 min more playing time per game. I did send out a few emails about why we did raise our prices through our email subscription. Transparency is our utmost priority as is the integrity of the game. My apologies if you did not receive the email, if you like I can add you to our mail subscription. Or you can find us on facebook where I always put out information.

Are these "over priced" friendlies? I have to disagree. I've been in the industry for over 20 years, Bobby has been in the industry more than 40 years. I am biased but I feel we run tournaments better than when I was playing tournaments back in the 90's. Although your opinion is obviously different, if you like, I can have Bobby give you call so you can discuss any suggestions you might have. We are always here to listen.

What do you qualify for? Teams qualify to play in the USA Western Nationals over the summer. You can find information about this on any of our tournament pages or you can contact Bobby directly.

We are also very much aware that teams are dedicated to their organization of choice. We do not begrudge anyone to play with our competitors as we love softball in general. We are happy to talk at any point. You can find our information on our website www.9starssports.com

Take care,

Kara Pena, 9 Stars Sports Secretary

clearveiwer
43FT Rookie

Re: 9Stars Sports?

Post by clearveiwer » February 7th, 2018, 1:17 pm

SoftballLife03 wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 6:44 am
I know they put on 2 (whole enchilada/dream ball) decent tournaments in the fall, but does anybody else feel like 9star is a waste of money? They rarely get over 4-10 teams in each division, they jacked up their prices, and I'm still wondering what the heck you qualify for?

Does anyone else feel like these are overpriced friendlies, that most of the talent in AZ avoids?...why play 9star and pay more and play less teams when you can play USSSA who any weekend has 15-20 teams and some of the best in the state?

What are your comments
PLEASE DEFINE "BEST TEAMS" IN THAT STATE?????????

Return to “GENERAL Softball News & DISCUSSIONS”