Playing between Aug-Dec

Shoutout a Team, Person or Kudos for a Great Play or Player.
This is a Great Forum to recognize or just pat someone on the back.
(a 43FT positive area ONLY!)

Moderators: 3KsURout, Border Patrol, BigAl

Forum rules
Shoutout a Team, Person or Kodos for a Great Play or Player (another 43FT positive area) A Great Forum to recognize or just pat someone on the back. NO BASHING IN HERE PLEASE!
senditsonic
43FT Player

Playing between Aug-Dec

Post by senditsonic » September 26th, 2012, 8:28 am

Being new to 12U, Its quite disconcerting to play ball with the teams that don't move up to 14u. :o It's like the old David and Goliath story. I can't wait for January 1st. What do you think? Trophy hunting? Refining skill? or What?

Emmitt22
43FT Veteran

Re: Playing between Aug-Dec

Post by Emmitt22 » September 26th, 2012, 9:01 am

senditsonic wrote:Being new to 12U, Its quite disconcerting to play ball with the teams that don't move up to 14u. :o It's like the old David and Goliath story. I can't wait for January 1st. What do you think? Trophy hunting? Refining skill? or What?
Ok.. I have to ask.. What teams ? From the looks of the teams in the recent tournaments they are mostly 00's and 01's. I may be wrong but, having played most of these teams they seem to be where they need to be.
I personally do not have a problem with it as I feel the competition will make your team stronger. You will take some lumps from some of the older teams but, you may be surprised on how well your team stacks up and how much better they will make you.
Good luck in 12's!

NMSol 03
43FT Player

Post by NMSol 03 » September 26th, 2012, 10:41 am

We are a new '03 team in NM, at a recent NM ASA tournament, our team went up against some stacked '01 teams, the outcome was very predictable, but necessary. I really can't blame the '01 teams due to the fact that 12U had some '99 teams playing, so pick and choose your battles. There may be some trophy hunting, but as long as there are other older teams, then it makes it competitive. On the other hand, it is somewhat rewarding when younger teams pull one or two over on the older teams.
:happy-sunny:
The NM ASA tournament format is the plus; 5gg-Dbl Elim, this provided the opportunity to get in a good number of games for the $$S. It also provided the team with the experience of playing 4 games in a day. Our players were there to the end of each game, they were happy to compete and they had some fun. It also provided an opportunity for the younger players to see where they need to be to compete at the "next Level."
:happy-partydance:

zypycuz
43FT Rookie

Post by zypycuz » August 29th, 2018, 5:45 am

This blog is good for the players because in that site mostly talk about the players and players life style. In this site most of the compound bow brands players and they are awesome and also train the students and hunters.

Return to “Shoutouts @ 43FT!”