Total Control Balls??

Got Questions or Answers? What's on your Mind? Fastpitch News & Discussion from across the USA!

Moderators: 3KsURout, BigAl, NorCal, Border Patrol

Forum rules
What's on your mind? What's Happening in the Fastpitch Softball World?
coacht
43FT Player

Total Control Balls??

Postby coacht » August 8th, 2010, 11:54 am

Anybody out there using the Total Control Balls for hitting? If so what kind of results are you getting with them?
Thomas

teamdoc
43FT Veteran

Re: Total Control Balls??

Postby teamdoc » August 8th, 2010, 8:19 pm

I watched a couple of teams use them for warm ups at nationals. They seem to be the real thing, all the teams that used them were very good hitting teams. Our team will be purchasing them for this year.
“Life's real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up.”

EV96Dad
43FT Seasoned Veteran

Postby EV96Dad » August 10th, 2010, 9:27 am

We use them to help with their streangth, you really have to push the ball with the bat on contact. It's the exact same thing as having the girls hit basketballs or soccer balls without the injuries of having the bat pop back and hit the girls. I really like them especially the baseball version, it also forces them to see the ball, being smaller than the softball version.
In a day in the life of softball, so it goes, As the Softball Turns

coacht
43FT Player

Postby coacht » August 11th, 2010, 7:39 am

Thanks for the response I picked up a half dozen...We will start using them in practice...
Thomas

nextpitch
43FT Seasoned Veteran

Postby nextpitch » August 12th, 2010, 10:23 am

I recently acquired one of these balls in a park when a soccer coach (practicing w/her team) brought it to us during warm-ups. I didn't know what it was so I tossed it to my DG to hit; which immediately brought up the question. Are these balls safe for use with high-end bats? or should they be used with practice bats?

Based upon this forum, I plan to get a few for my DG's, but I just want to know how others use them, basically which bats are used with these balls. Thanks. :think:

:text-feedback:

hrdhitter
43FT Player

Postby hrdhitter » August 12th, 2010, 11:28 am

We have been using these all year with all THE BATS and have not had any ill effects to the bats...
INSTANT RESULTS TO MONITPR A SWING, UNDER, OVER, TELLS YOU RIGHT NOW

KEN RICE SELLING THESE, HE CAN BE REACHED @ 602 909 9980

ENJOY, AND IF YOUR KIDS ARE STRONG...DONT STAND TO CLOSE WHEN YOU ARE FRONT TOSSING, THEY CAN BRUISE....LOL
hrdhitter

94SBDad
43FT All Star

Postby 94SBDad » August 12th, 2010, 11:33 am

Both my DGs have been using the total control balls for the last 3 months. They have made a huge difference in the power department. Helps them use their lower half of the body to help swing through it.. and swing all the way through.. My 14u DG swings the new Stealth and my 12u DG the Demarini. The balls havent damaged the bats at all.. They use them about 4 times a week on average.

nextpitch
43FT Seasoned Veteran

Postby nextpitch » August 13th, 2010, 9:57 am

Thanks for the response, my sensitivity is that my DG has gone through a couple of composite bats (although 100+ games each); based upon that, and the scuttle about composite bats, we are going with the new Anderson bat. I hope to see some better ROI (and longevity) compared to the composite bats that we have used. I also would like for her to be able take full advantage of proven equipment and drills.

softballparent
43FT Player

Postby softballparent » August 13th, 2010, 1:55 pm

Saw these in Moline, a Texas team was using them. Seemed to be an impressive hitting tool, and I have ordered some for my DG.

Return to “GENERAL Softball News & DISCUSSIONS”