14U Is Stacked!

Moderators: 3KsURout, Border Patrol

Spoton
43FT Rookie

Re: 14U Is Stacked!

Post by Spoton » January 11th, 2019, 9:31 am

When an entire team moves beginning of spring season without warning only means drama! Drama is miserable to play for!

wolfpack1616
43FT Rookie

Post by wolfpack1616 » January 11th, 2019, 12:52 pm

People hear a lot of things but you can't believe everything you hear in Arizona. Players unhappy coaches unhappy parents unhappy it's all a microcosm of issues that lead to softball in Arizona getting saturated. Too many girls on one team and players get unsatisfied that they aren't getting playing time. At the same time are they working hard to get the playing time. I've seen different avenues to the situation but as I was told people will not buy into something or let bygones be bygones. A lot of movement right now and until the final story gets told it's hard to get a feel what is going on. Softball has always had its share of drama but this year seems a lot more frequent.

Notagain
43FT Player

Post by Notagain » January 18th, 2019, 8:00 am

Any details on the new 14u storm team. Looks like they are trying to create a team for a pgf run. I'm hearing some of the old players are coming back and alot of them were the ones that left firecrackers Padilla. I wonder how its gonna pan out.

JUST4LAUGHS
43FT Veteran

Post by JUST4LAUGHS » January 21st, 2019, 9:49 am

I think tryouts are tonight, Padilla kids may stay after a couple decent weeks. Question is will Dever's lose his pitchers?

Notagain
43FT Player

Post by Notagain » January 21st, 2019, 10:19 am

They should do good when they drop down there young 18u players. The question is will they have enough to field a full 14u team come pgf. If they are even gonna try.

Benched Dad
43FT Rookie

Post by Benched Dad » January 21st, 2019, 10:36 am

Let's have an educational moment.

The "New Storm team" is a mix of the old FC/Padilla girls and we're assuming the best of old Pomeroy's 05 team.
1 outfielder - FC/Padilla
1 3rd baseman - FC/Padilla
1 pitcher - FC/Padilla
1 Shortstop - FC/Padilla
1 Catcher - FC/Padilla

Assuming the rest of the team is from Pomeroy 05 team and let's throw in 1-2 girls from different teams that get sucked into the shinny and new.
That's your PGF bound team? OH K....... :laughing-rolling:

This looks a lot like Holtorf's 12u Storm team from 2 seasons ago. Basically same kids minus the pitcher and shortstop from Devers.
Anyone remember how that worked out for them the last time? 1 season, tons of drama, 0-2 PGF Nationals.

I'll stick with the teams and players that have proven themselves year after year in PGF.
Storm apple
FC Padilla

With all the movement and "drama" on FC Padilla. They did go undefeated this weekend in 16U minus a pitcher and catcher.

Bombers Day - lost to Force early and parents were upset pick up players got playing time over seasoned players. Bombers parents also yelling at the coaches on the field about a late pitching change that didn't matter because the relief pitcher also gave up a couple bombs.
:angry-argument: :angry-boxing:

Notagain
43FT Player

Post by Notagain » January 21st, 2019, 2:20 pm

I never said pgf bound team. I said make a run at it. And to say you'll stick with players that have proven themselves. From what I see and the facts. Suncat players are the ones that have been to pgf the last few years not firecrackers. And that was with a great coach and assistant coach. I think that was firecrackers first win in almost 2 and 1/2 years for that group. I think it will be apple only that will make pgf this year. They have played all surf city tournaments while the rest of the teams are playing Usssa and tcs. And being hot for the last few weeks include a 1 and done in vegas to some below average teams. The storm polmeroy team will be something to keep an eye on.Let's see if they can make it work. I doubt it in such a short period of time. Let's see what happens when high school ball is over. Good luck to all teams.

sf22
43FT Rookie

Post by sf22 » January 21st, 2019, 3:29 pm

In the end Storm will be the face of Az at pgf in this age group. Storm will have at least 1 team there this summer. Maybe 2 if the Pomeroy team can get it together quickly. There is no doubt that pomeroy will have s talented group of kids but can they get them to play as a team in such short amount of time since the pgf qualifiers start immediately after high school ball.
Just sad that people start getting into their head that they should have a say in how a team is run and that coaches don't have enough belief in themselves to stick to their guns.
As far as pick up players to win in meaningless local tournaments? Shame on you coaches if that is your MO.
What a mess this age group is. I did say earlier in the season that the question should of been asking who would be around after Christmas. I guess I was off a bit. It should of been, who will be around after high school ball.
What a shame...

JUST4LAUGHS
43FT Veteran

Post by JUST4LAUGHS » January 21st, 2019, 3:50 pm

Hopefully more 14u teams will jump in on 02/09/19 USSSA to start spring ball. Brun?, Walding? Putz?

JUST4LAUGHS
43FT Veteran

Post by JUST4LAUGHS » January 24th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Walding and Putz jumped in, jump in Brun!

Return to “ARIZONA - FP News”